Wednesday 2 July 2014

"Drive" and a bundle offer


This is the final cover for my novella "Drive" (as designed by me), which is due to be launched by Pendragon Press at the Edge-Lit convention in Derby, on Saturday 19th July.

David Moore has one night left in Gaffney and is at a party he doesn’t want to attend. Natasha Turner, at the same party, is lost for a lift home.
Meanwhile, three young men have stolen a car, and as the night darkens and the roads become deserted, David and Nat enter into a terrifying game of cat-and-mouse. . .


“Drive takes you for a journey down the darkest alleyways of human savagery.  A fast paced, high tension thriller that delivers on all fronts....”
- Jim Mcleod, The Ginger Nuts Of Horror

“Mark West writes the kind of fiction that gets under the skin where it lies dormant until you turn out the lights ...”
- Dave Jeffery, author of the Necropolis Rising series


Chris wrote, on the Pendragon website:
I've known Mark West for a long-time now – since his story in Tourniquet Heart (2002) – and it is safe to say that I like his writing. 

When I first read the manuscript to this, a novella which I believe is very much his strength as a writer, I understandably enjoyed it but moreso the fact it is very different to his usual horror stuff; in fact, there are no horror tropes – it is a pure, unadulterated gritty urban crime drama.

I'll be honest, I'm pleased with how "Drive" turned out and it was good fun to write a story set over the course of one evening and completely in my fictional town of Gaffney (though readers from certain parts of Northamptonshire will recognise roads and locations).

Pendragon Press are publishing it as a limited edition (to 100 copies) paperback (complete with an exclusive afterword) and an unlimited ebook.

As a sweetener, Christopher Teague - Pendragon's owner - is offering a two-for-one bundle, with "Drive" and Stuart Young's collection "Reflections In The Mind's Eye", where you can buy both of them for only £9.  The link for that is here

And if it helps, don't think of it as buying a book by him*, think of it as buying a book by me and helping him out at the same time.










(* I'm joking, of course - Stu's a good friend of mine and a talented writer (he won a BFS Award!), so I'm sure his collection will be excellent.  Plus, he'd probably cry if I didn't include this bit...)

No comments:

Post a Comment