Tuesday 5 February 2013

Sleazy story is done...

I sent my sleaze story to Peter Mark May today - it’s called “The Glamour Girl Murders” and is set in London at the tail end of the 1976 heatwave.  There’s sex, violence, foot fetishism and something in the upstairs room and I’m really chuffed with it.  I’ve also read the Stephen Volk and Johnny Mains contributions and I think our “Anatomy Of Death” anthology could be very good indeed.

This marks the end of my short story writing commitments for the time being (unless someone else wants to ask, of course) and it’s time to look ahead at different things.  I’m keen to explore novellas still (I have two coming out, both from Pendragon Press - “Drive” this year and “The Lost Film” next year) and Pete, via Hersham Horror Books, has asked me to write one (to be published next year) for him.

I have an idea (a long gestating project some of you might remember, called “The Day It Rained”) which I’m going to pitch, but I’m thinking of something contemporary and dark and sexual for Hersham Horror.  I don’t have much in mind, but this is the part of a project I love, where everything is open and nothing is set and the sky, quite literally, is the limit.

2 comments:

  1. It is nice to see you busy, Mark! I am looking forward to read all your stories and hopefully a novel too sometime in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mihai, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete