Wednesday 20 June 2012

Trees Of Insolence

A while ago, whilst reading a lot of Harlan Ellison, I wrote a story called "Trees Of Insolence". It's a bizarre little piece, based around Alison's old house in Duke Street in Kettering and some kind of terrible future where books and music are banned and I experimented with form and typographical tricks. I liked it a lot but finding a home for it was a bit of a problem - it's not horror and it's very different from what I normally write.

Well now it's found a home. In a post to celebrate International Short Story Day, Emma Audsley & Shaun Hamilton's Horrifically Horrifying Horror Blog has published it (along with shorts by many other brilliant writers) and I'm really pleased.

The story is on this link, search for my name.

If you get a chance to read it, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment