Thursday 11 November 2010

My Three Investigators Reviews, all on one new blog!

As you may or may not be aware, I’m a big fan of the Three Investigators mystery series, which shaped my reading habits through childhood and have continued - on and off - through adulthood too.

In 2008, I decided to embark upon a bit of a reading adventure and work my way through the Three Investigators series (up to book 30, the last to be written when Hitchcock was still alive and the last one I class as official). I planned to read one a month, which meant it’d take me two and a half years.

As I write this, it’s 11th November 2010 and I have three books left - “Sinister Scarecrow”, “Shark Reef” and “Invisible Dog” (which I’m saving for Christmas week). I’ll be honest, it’s been great fun - I’d forgotten a lot of the story details and so it really was like reading things afresh. In addition, I was surprised at how well written (and tightly plotted) the books were - no wonder they enthralled me as a kid, they worked very well for an adult reader (I started, with “Skeleton Island” when I was about 8, I’m 41 now).

I posted capsule reviews for all of the books at GoodReads.com but then decided, since I already have a blog anyway, why not put all the reviews in one place? On my website?
So I have - you can link direct to my Three Investigators Book Review blog directly from here.

In addition to the reviews, I’ve also taken the opportunity to post the cover art for each title (it’s much more colourful like that and some of the artwork is superb), plus other little bits and pieces that occurred to me.
If you were a fan growing up, I hope you like the blog. If you weren’t a fan, I hope the reviews at least tempt you to give a book a go but, if not, enjoy the artwork anyway!

Just before I head off, I’d like to say a big thanks to Philip Fulmer at the T3I Readers Site for his permission to use the cover scans and also to Ian Regan for his invaluable and well-constructed cover art database (both are linked from the review blog).

Now what shall I do next - the ultimate top 10…?

2 comments:

  1. I've reviewed several books (including 3 invest) on my blog here: http://newbobbseytwinsbookreview.blogspot.com/
    Where are your actual reviews? I can't find them

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're on the link above, on their own separate site Sean - http://mewtti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete