Wednesday 9 March 2011

A new (mini) collection...


I am a big fan of books - I love reading them, I love the way they feel and smell - and one of my ambitions, as a writer, is to go into a bookshop, anywhere in the country and find my book on the shelf. So print has always been my preferred reading means and I’ve always viewed electronic publishing a bit warily.

However, Generation Next Publishing’s edition of
”Conjure” seems to be doing rather well and I’ve had some good feedback from readers who’ve taken the chance and downloaded it and with that in mind, I’ve decided to try a little experiment.

PenMan Press have just published my mini-collection
”Safe And Others” on Smashwords and it’ll hopefully be available on Kindle very soon. For the princely sum of £1 ($1.50), this contains 5 previously published stories (from the early 2000’s), only one of which was included in my “Strange Tales” collection.

“From the black comedy of "Giving Blood" to the very dark "Infantophobia", this collection showcases some of West's best early works.”

Why old stuff? Because I wanted to make sure that the stories presented had been through the editorial wringer and they have, all appearing in print magazines and also because I think I put out some good work back then.

So, why not give
”Safe And Others” a go? I can’t promise you anything, but I’d like to think you’ll have a good time with the stories in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment